Monday 19 September 2016

God cut out my stone heart!




Ezekiel 11: 19 (MSG)

16-20“Well, tell them this, ‘This is your Message from God, the Master. True, I sent you to the far country and scattered you through other lands. All the same, I’ve provided you a temporary sanctuary in the countries where you’ve gone. I will gather you back from those countries and lands where you’ve been scattered and give you back the land of Israel. You’ll come back and clean house, throw out all the rotten images and obscene idols. I’ll give you a new heart. I’ll put a new spirit in you. I’ll cut out your stone heart and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart. Then you’ll obey my statutes and be careful to obey my commands. You’ll be my people! I’ll be your God!


Sometimes we find ourselves in situations that we just do not have any control over and we start to ‘steel our heart’ against the situation and circumstance.  The problem with Harding our hearts is that we become insensitive and unkind and definitely unloving.

To avoid this problem, confess your day of misery and difficult to the Lord, ask the Lord to help you deal with the situation.  Do not allow these things to create a hard heart, keep close to the Lord Your God and hold onto the Holy Spirit, day and night.

Prayer
Lord God Please put a new spirit in me, cut out my stone heart and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart.  So that I am able to obey Your statues and be careful to obey Your commands.  So that I may stay part of Your people in the name of Jesus Christ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...