Friday 27 January 2017

Get rid of “fear” once and for all!


Isaiah 51: 7 (NIV)

7  “Hear me, you who know what is right, you people who have my law in your hearts:  Do not fear the reproach of men or be terrified by their insults.”

There was a time in my life that I used to be so fearful I even felt I could not leave my house.  The fear was so intense that I was even frightened to go into the garden.

Fear overtook my thoughts and I was stuck in my own little world.  Crying and praying and crying I took my Bible and sat on my bed.  Tears pouring down my cheeks, I could hardly believe what my life had become.

As I sat there and prayed asking the Lord to help me, my Bible fell open on Isaiah 51.  My eye caught verses 7 and I sat there reading the verse. 

You see my problem was I could not find a job and it felt like my entire life was falling apart.  I tried everything I could to get my life on track.

The key to my dissolving the fear I felt was as follows: 

  • ·       I decided to trust the Lord my God fully. 
  • ·        I spoke to Him in prayer and told Him what was bothering me. 
  • ·        I confessed my sins.
  • ·        I cried out to Him and I humbled myself before Him.

I started focusing on God’s Word, I looked for reasons why I felt so fearful and I discovered that I was feeling so sad and fearful because I felt I was not contributing to the house hold.  I forgot that I was cleaning, doing the washing, ironing the clothes, cooking meals, baking cakes and running the jumping castle business.


Within a couple of days, I felt relieve and I knew God had stepped in and dissolved my fear.

Please should you feel fearful speak to someone about what you are scared of and they can help you. Drop me a mail and I will also speak to you and even pray with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...