Skip to main content

Get rid of “fear” once and for all!


Isaiah 51: 7 (NIV)

7  “Hear me, you who know what is right, you people who have my law in your hearts:  Do not fear the reproach of men or be terrified by their insults.”

There was a time in my life that I used to be so fearful I even felt I could not leave my house.  The fear was so intense that I was even frightened to go into the garden.

Fear overtook my thoughts and I was stuck in my own little world.  Crying and praying and crying I took my Bible and sat on my bed.  Tears pouring down my cheeks, I could hardly believe what my life had become.

As I sat there and prayed asking the Lord to help me, my Bible fell open on Isaiah 51.  My eye caught verses 7 and I sat there reading the verse. 

You see my problem was I could not find a job and it felt like my entire life was falling apart.  I tried everything I could to get my life on track.

The key to my dissolving the fear I felt was as follows: 

  • ·       I decided to trust the Lord my God fully. 
  • ·        I spoke to Him in prayer and told Him what was bothering me. 
  • ·        I confessed my sins.
  • ·        I cried out to Him and I humbled myself before Him.

I started focusing on God’s Word, I looked for reasons why I felt so fearful and I discovered that I was feeling so sad and fearful because I felt I was not contributing to the house hold.  I forgot that I was cleaning, doing the washing, ironing the clothes, cooking meals, baking cakes and running the jumping castle business.


Within a couple of days, I felt relieve and I knew God had stepped in and dissolved my fear.

Please should you feel fearful speak to someone about what you are scared of and they can help you. Drop me a mail and I will also speak to you and even pray with you.



Popular posts from this blog

Develop yourself!

Joel Osteen is an excellent Pastor.
Thank you, Joel.

#Jesus #Christ

Acts 2:38-40 (ICB) 38 Peter said to them, “Change your hearts and lives and be baptized, each one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 This promise is for you. It is also for your children and for all who are far away. It is for everyone the Lord our God calls to himself.” 40 Peter warned them with many other words. He begged them, “Save yourselves from the evil of today’s people!”
I say we are too caught up in our own little worlds, we believe that we are capable of so much and that when times are difficult then we call on the Lord Jesus.  When nothing happens and we do not receive answered prayers we lose hope and start looking for new ways to get out of the mess we find ourselves in.
In the International Children’s Bible we read that “change your hearts and lives and be baptized,”  the words that stood out for me is “change your hearts and lives.”  I have been thinking about these words.  Something m…

Duane's World

Duane interviewing Storm
live from Jo'burg