Tuesday 3 January 2017

Today what can we do to hear the voice of God? [God’s Voice]

Today what can meditate on hearing the voice of God?

As I focus and mediate on God’s Word I am reminded that Jeremiah was talking to the Israelites about False Religion and that at the end of the day this religion was worthless.  Making a mental note of what is taking up all my time, keeping me so busy that I cannot get to what is important to me I have come to realise I have not been hearing the voice of God.

Why?  Well, I am cooking, cleaning house, washing clothes and not for getting to iron the clothes.  It has become so overwhelming and time consuming I have not taken 5 minutes from my busy schedule to pray.  Shamefully that has been true over the past couple of weeks.  Then I get frustrated and it overwhelms me because I feel I have lost touch with God.

Of all the people I know, that I am the stubborn one, and because of my stubbornness I fall very often.  The children are going back to school and my husband is back to work.  I seem to have some free time.

I don’t know how perfect your spiritual life is and do you also face the same difficulties I do, but in repentance and humbling myself before the Lord my God I pray for forgiveness of sin.

Jeremiah 7: 13 [NIV] ‘While you were doing all these things, declares the Lord, I spoke to you again and again, but you did not listen; I called you, but you did not answer.’ I am so humbled by these words today, God spoke to me again and again, He called me and I did not answer.  Shamefully, I kept myself too busy to listen for the voice of God. 

Jeremiah 7: 24 [NIV] ‘But they did not listen or pay attention; instead, they followed the stubborn inclinations of their evil hearts.  They went backward and not forward.’ So now that I know the state of my relationship with the living God, the God of lights, I have to submit my life anew into His hands.  Retentive and asking that by His grace He would forgive me.

As I focus and study these words today I humble myself before the Living God, my God in the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Asking please Lord, forgive me, I have sinned against You.  Keeping myself so busy that I cannot get to where I was supposed to be.

It is clear to many people that I am not perfect and I am at fault.  In the next couple of day’s I want to learn anew how to connect and listen to the Lord my God.  I am making myself available to His word and trusting that I am forgiven based on the Word, I am redeemed through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you for reading, perhaps you have so sound advice for someone like me?


God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...