Thursday 5 January 2017

“Taking every thought and purpose captive …” [Jesus Christ]



2 Corinthians 10:5 Amplified Bible

We are destroying sophisticated arguments and every exalted and proud thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought and purpose captive to the obedience of Christ,

Something I need to share today is that it is much easier to say ‘take every thought and purpose captive’.  My own experiences have taught me that yes, sometimes I have the ability to check myself, watch my words and thoughts.  Then sometimes I lose control and I fail dismally. 
That is why I believe God has given each one of us the ability to read and understand His word (Bible).  The discipline is to read our Bibles each and every day, getting out of bed and making some time to spend in the Word of God. We need that time to learn and grow spiritually.

Prayer

Lord our God, today I commit my life into Your hands and humble myself asking that through the Holy Spirit, Lord You will help me learn more about whom You really are, taking each and every thought and purpose captive in my own life.  Lord guiding me in the direction You have planned for me, in Jesus Name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...