Wednesday 29 November 2017

#obedience



2 Kings 5: 9 – 10
“So Naaman came with his horses and chariots and stood at the
door of Elisha’s house.  And Elisha sent a messenger to him,
saying, “Go and wash in the Jordan seven times,
and your flesh shall be restored,
and you shall be clean.”

When I start reading what Elisha was doing I feel encouraged and I believe that we serve an awesome God.  Now Naaman was a commander in the army of the king of Syria and he was a leper.  They had captured a little girl from Israel and she told her master to go to the King of Israel because she knew that Naaman could be healed.

On hearing this King of Syria sent Naaman with a letter to the king of Israel with gifts asking that Naaman be healed.  Well, the King of Israel was super angry because he didn’t have the ability to heal anybody.  Elisha heard about the king tearing his clothes and Elisha said “why have you torn your clothes?”  Send Naaman to me.

Naaman came to the prophet and a messenger came out of Elisha’s house telling Naaman to go and wash seven times in the Jordan.  The man was enraged and couldn’t believe the odasity in being told to take a wash.  But Naaman’s servants said “try it what have you to lose?”

Naaman went and dipped in the Jordan seven times, he became as a little child, all the leprosy gone.

Prayer

O Lord God, we can be so obnoxious and full of it, we believe that we are able to do whatever we put our minds to.  A simple instruction seems so silly and why listen, but in being obedient You are able to do far more than what we know or imagine.  Thank You, Lord God, for supernatural blessings in our lives when we listen and obey You.  I love You, I Love You Lord, in the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...