Tuesday 28 November 2017

#300


Judges 7: 1 – 3
Gideon Defeats the Midianites
“Early in the morning, Jerub-Baal (that is, Gideon)
and all his men camped at the spring of Harod.
The camp of Midian was north of them in the valley near
the hill of Moreh. The Lord said to Gideon,
“You have too many men. I cannot deliver Midian into their hands,
or Israel would boast against me,
‘My own strength has saved me.’
Now announce to the army, ‘Anyone who trembles
with fear may turn back and leave Mount Gilead.’”
So twenty-two thousand men left,
while ten thousand remained.”


This is so awesome God used 300 men to beat the Army of the Midianites, the Amalekites and other eastern people.  They were as tick as locusts and their camels could no more be counted than the sand on the seashore.  Do you get it?  They were in multitudes and Gideon was to take 300 men.

What struck me was that God spoke to Gideon and told him to go and spy on the Midianites.  As they approached the tents on the outskirts of the camp they overhead the one of the men saying “I had a dream I saw a round loaf of barley bread come tumbling into the Midianite camp.  It struck the ten with such force that the tent overturned and collapsed.”

On hearing this dream Gideon took courage and summons his troops and they attacked the Midianites.  With only 300 men and God in charge they beat the Midianites. 

This just goes to show that God is in control over our lives and yes, small things matter.  We need God to help us in our live struggles and once we think we have the upper hand we forget about what God has done for us.

Prayer

Abba Father, in humility help me to accept the changes in my life and the small things, You can see the big picture and You are able to do the impossible for me. I praise and worship You Lord, in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ.  Amen


50% off any and everything in Kellan Publishing use code LF81I7DE at checkout.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...