Thursday 10 August 2017

Is God the Center of all we do?




Matthew 6: 33 TLB “and he will give them to you if you give him first place in your life and live as he wants you to.”

How much of your time do you dedicate to the Lord?  I mean sitting down in your “war room” praying, reading your Bible and studying God’s word.  Let us be honest we start early most of us in any case, as you jump out of bed run around getting everything read to leave the house for your job you think, I will break this afternoon and spend some time in God’s presence.

Truth be told, if you didn’t wake up a little earlier and spent the first couple of minutes with God your day will erupt into an avalanche with deadlines to meet etc.  I know, juggling washing, cleaning and ironing and running errand’s takes up a lot of your time.  

Did you find that 10 minutes to spend with God?  Did you sit down and read the Word of God, meditated on it and the prayed for your family and friends?  We are so tired that many of the time we just hop into bed, turn the light out and say a quick prayer, and off to sleep.

As I think about the words of Matthew “and he will give them to you if you give him first place in your life …” It is clear even in Matthew’s time they needed to make a definite commitment in coming into the LORD’s presence.  Making the LORD first place in my life is something I am working on, are you?


Prayer

Lord thank You, for being kind and compassionate towards each one of us today.  Thank You, that we may meditate and focus on Your word.  Thank You, for helping each one of us and showing us the way forward.  As we start our day, LORD help us to make You, the primary go-to person in our lives, help us commit to You 100%.  Please help us today in Jesus Christ’s Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...