Friday 25 August 2017

Why do kids tell lies?




Proverbs 14: 5 An honest witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies.

Why do kids tell lies? I believe kids tell lies to try and hide a mistake or to avoid being held responsible for something. I have heard that it is normal for kids to lie. 

The reason kids lie could be because they are still very young and live in a fantasy world. They may tell a lie to impress you. 

The other reason for telling lies is that they see you doing it. You know "monkey see monkey do."  Look at this example for instance: Mom asks dad: How do these jeans fit? Dad will say: Fine and walk away. It seems socially acceptable to tell a "white lie" to avoid an uncomfortable situation.

Your kids are watching you and they copy what you teach them. To prevent this kind of lying you always need to check yourself.

Kids also using lying to test you, to see how you react. I believe in honesty is the best policy.

Parents teach your kids to speak the truth.

Prayer

Lord please help us as parents to teach our kids to speak the truth. Kids are constantly listening and watching us. Holy Spirit help us to set the example for our kids, in Jesus Christ's name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...