Thursday 10 August 2017

Are you single-minded and totally devoted to God?




Matthew 6: 24a “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other.  & Matthew 22: 37 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.”


This is the second part to our question “Is God the center of all we do?”  Many times people say things like “you are so consumed with talking about God, isn’t there any other topic that interest you?”  Yes, I have other interesting topics I can talk to you about but I love to bring God into the picture.  It is natural for me to talk about God and how I see the situation from a bible perspective.  

It frustrates many people and it also irritates them, they feel disconnected and angry with me at times.

Do you know what I am talking about?  Are you able to relate to my thinking, I love the LORD and it comes out in my conversations and I am constantly trying to teach you something?  So being friends with me might frustrate you because I am seen as a freak and total nut-case.  

I want to take this time and encourage you to stay focused and trust in God, He knows what is best for you.  So hang in there and do not back down on placing God first.  If you are like me, single-minded and totally devoted to God then you will find push-back from people.

Prayer

Abba Father, You know that I am single-minded and that I cannot always discuss matters of the world because I am not interested in what’s happening in the world.  I confess that I feel in adequate when it comes to worldly matters but I feel comfortable when speaking about You.  Help me understand people, and see them through Your eyes.  Bless them and keep each one of them safe.  In Jesus Christ’s Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...