Tuesday 22 August 2017

Standing on the edge of a cliff!



I almost fell over the cliff!

Psalm 73: 2 TLB “I came so close to the edge.”

One thing is for sure we all face trials and tribulations in our own lives.  The secret to dealing with these trials and tribulations are “your attitude.”

No one really knows what I face and how I approach life, you may think I have it plain sailings when in fact my life is quite the opposite.


Asaph is the author of this Psalm 73 and a number of other Psalms. When you read the Psalms closely you will note that Asaph had his own set of trials and tribulations.  He fell sick, he had personal problems. So to my mind Asaph was a guy just like anyone we know. 

Something I realized is that if you allow circumstances to take over your life, you are going to fall over the cliff.  If you do not take a stand and not allow these things to carry on, you would have won the battle raging against you. Yes, of course life happens to everybody, the thing is are you going to take a positive stand and make the necessary decisions or let it just happen?

By not making a decision, you actually made a decision.  

Prayer

Lord each time I feel that I am too close to the edge, please take my hand and pull me closer to You.  My life is so full of little things, I forget about the big important one.  Lord here I am an open book, look through my life, help me change and become more like the Lord Jesus. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...