by Yvette van Niekerk
September 24
"He can hear you when you call!"
Isaiah 59:1 (TLB)
1 "Listen now! The Lord isn't too weak to save you. And he isn't getting deaf! He can hear you when you call!"
When I read this passage, I believe something was happening to me while I was still struggling to find my feet. I work for someone that was a perfectionist, and this manager of mine used to have me in tears every day. I used to cry all the time, my ex-husband was making my life difficult, and this man was even worse. One day I could not take it anymore, and I cried out to the Lord and asked Him, please help me. The pressure was getting to me; my hair was falling out, and I had become thin and miserable. As I sat in my car, reading God's word, I was praying for some relief. I went back to my office and in the bathroom, washing my face and back to my desk. Just as I sat down, I received a call, and someone was inviting me to come for an interview. Impressive, God heard my prayers, and I got the job.
Prayer Heavenly Father, thank You that You aren't too weak to save me. Thank You that You aren't getting deaf and thank You that You hear when I call on You, in Jesus Holy Name. Amen
https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life. Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward. God gave me common sense an...
Comments
Post a Comment