Friday 10 September 2021

Fear the Lord.

by Yvette van Niekerk
September 10 Fear the Lord. 1 Samuel 12:24 (ISV) 24 "Only, fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. Indeed, consider what great things he has done for you." Walking in obedience has to do with fearing the Lord. We need to keep His commandments and heeding God's specific instructions. When we do what God asks, we are building our houses on a rock. When the rains, floods and wind come up against our house, the foundation holds it in place. Folks who serve the Lord will always honour Him. The fear we are speaking about is respect, worshipping God. Not being afraid and hiding from our God. We revere God as the Almighty God, King of kings, Lord of lords and the one who is our salvation. Obedience is necessary when God calls us to do something. Without faith, it will not be possible to fear God. We wouldn't care what He said or did. Our saving grace is the Holy Spirit, who reminds us of God. Prayer Father God, we know that not everyone who says to You "Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of You in heaven. Please help me in turning my ear to hear the law and grow spiritually. In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...