Thursday 28 October 2021

"A Godly life."

October 28
"A godly life." 1 Timothy 6:11 (NLT) Paul's Final Instructions 11 "But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness." The Apostle Paul reminds Timothy that he is a man of God and that he should run from all the evil things in this world. Timothy was a young man and learning to live a "godly life," as do many of us these days. So exactly how do we pursue a holy life? To my thinking, one should always guard your heart because of it in our hearts that we allow things to take root. I love chocolates and can crave it all the time. We need to keep desiring the "Word of God." Invest in spending time in God's word, read and pray without stopping. We build our religion in attending church as often as we can, it keeps us connected to fellow believers. An example, if you take a burning coal from the fire and set is aside it starts to cool down. In due course the coal becomes ash, it doesn't have the fire to keep its heat. Attending church is good for all who want to experience the anointing of the Holy Spirit. God's Spirit moves when there are more than one believer attending church. This is how we build our fellowship with people and draw closer to God. Prayer Lord God, today I want to be in pursuit of a godly life. Holy Spirit please teach me to guard my soul and renew my mind. Taking hold of Your Word today, help me to get rid off my bad habits. As a child of God, I want to keep my light shining for You Lord, Jesus. Lord, here I am, please help me today, to stay focused on all that is good, pure and Holy. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...