Thursday 21 October 2021

The Lord is Good

October 20 The Lord is Good. Lamentations 3:25 (RSV) 25 "The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him." How to wait on the LORD? I pose the question? Sitting here in my study waiting for the LORD, I wait in a quiet place. Considering my surroundings and all the people in my space. Staying focused is a problem I seem to get bored and start playing around. I never learned how to meditate on the Word. I have experienced God's presence many times and yet I struggle to draw near to Him. I have learned that I want a specific answer and God doesn't give it the way I want it. It is compelling how awesome and beautiful our Lord is when we wait on Him. He will reveal Himself to you. The way to draw near to God is to open your Bible to your reading for the day. Take time in reading and allowing God to speak to you. Now look for a verse that speaks into your heart. Write it down in your journal. What caught your attention in what you read? What is God saying to you in this scripture? Now, ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and reveal Jesus to you. I like to personalise what I have read and apply it to my day. It might be instruction, encouragement, a new promise, or a correction for a particular area of my life. Prayer Lord God, please hear my request today, I want to draw near to You. Help me stay focused and meditate on Your Word. Teach me Holy Spirit and guide me in Jesus Name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

The Story of Ruth

In a time when the land itself seemed to weep with hunger, a family fled from Bethlehem in search of life. Elimelech, his wife Naomi, and t...