Sunday 31 October 2021

Do not pay back evil for evil

October 31
Do not pay back evil for evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:15 (NLT) 15 "See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and all people." It's human nature to take revenge on someone who has hurt you. You would say haha, laughing at this statement. Do you know what so and so did to me yesterday? I am going to repay him or her back. It happens that we find people mistreat us and they think they can get away with it. So how can we change our reaction to this statement? The Apostle Paul lived 2000 years ago; he would not understand the people of today. Nothing has changed, people are people, and we tend to pay back evil for evil. How can we change this reaction? I know it will be hard to do this without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We need someone to help us stop acting out. How can we reverse this reaction? If we have to change our perspective on people, we need the help of the Holy Spirit today. With Him, we have the power to change any situation. The devil waits for you and me at every intersection, it's his hope and desire to kill each one of us. So when we act on our revenge we are actually taking part in the devil scheme to kill and steal. Now he is using us in confusing our values so that good appears to be evil, and evil appears to be good. Now, what is the answer to this problem? Paul writes; in Ephesians 6 verse 11: "Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's scheme." We can unmask Satan and defeat his schemes, and that's through a close walk with God, a daily study of the Scriptures. We need to pray. We need to guard our minds, our mouths and our morals. It's not necessary to pay back evil for evil. The minute we forgive someone who offended us we are able to move forward. Prayer Good morning Father God, LORD, please forgive me, I am so guilty of taking offence. I seem to believe everyone is against me. I confess I do take revenge. Today, I pray Lord God, renew my mind. I have the Holy Spirit living inside of me. I have not allowed Him to help me deal with my own iniquity. Forgive me, I have sinned against You Lord my God. I humble myself before You and I pray, help me let go of offences and forgive immediately. I want to walk with You, Lord. Help me be the lessor in any given situation. I want to practice humility. I'm in trouble. Please forgive me in Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...