Friday 29 October 2021

The righteous will "be long remembered."

October 29
The righteous will "be long remembered." Psalm 112:6 (NLT) 6 "Such people will not be overcome by evil. Those who are righteous will be long remembered." Matthew Arnold wrote, "Christ came to reveal what righteousness is." The Lord Jesus defends the defenseless and the beaten-down he comforts. Jesus Christ feeds the hungry and, healed the sick; touching the dirty and offensive, and He suffered for you and me, we didn't deserve it. Let us praise the Lord Jesus for His compassion and for demonstrating it to us today. We are trying to imitate Him, but still, we lack the kindness and love needed to grow. I still wonder how to live out a righteous life. Is it by acting and trying to be pure in heart? We need to do acts of kindness and love our enemies as we love ourselves. We know the Lord Jesus was very involved with the poor and sick people in His time. He cared for their wellbeing, are we doing the same? Can we say "I am the righteousness of God in Christ?" Prayer Heavenly Father, I want to offer You a great sacrifice of my love. I am praying to create in my a pure heart and a right spirit with You. Please, Lord forgive me my iniquities, and I am the righteousness of God in Christ today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...