Thursday 13 September 2018

#entitlement




Galatians 6: 4 AMP “But each one must carefully scrutinize his own work [examining his actions, attitudes, and behavior], and then he can have the personal satisfaction and inner joy of doing something commendable without comparing himself to another.”

Comparing himself to another.” How many times have we not compared ourselves to others in a day? I believe once we start comparing ourselves with our peers we fall into a little trap called “entitlement.” 

I see people that have so much and they still feel entitled to much more. They seem to think they are superior to others and act very prideful.  In Luke chapter 18 verses 11 we are reminded of the Pharisee who made a great show of thanking God because he was better than you and me. Satan was thrown out of Heaven because he was filled with pride and thought he was better than God. 

The flip side of comparing ourselves to others creates in some a sense of invisibility. They struggle with very low self-esteem which keeps them focused on themselves.

A negative thing that comes from entitlement is we want to bring God down to our level. We think we are doing a great job and that God should give us a pat on the back. 

"The way [God] works surpasses the way you work, and the way [He] thinks is beyond the way you think." Isaiah 55 verse 9.

Prayer

Humbly Lord, I come into Your presence, what wonderful Name You have, You have no rifle, You have no evil, Yours is the Kingdom, Yours the Glory and Yours is the name above all Names.  What a powerful names it is, the Name of Jesus Christ my king. I want to praise Your Name today Lord. If I am acting entitled, I humbly pray forgive me. I am so grateful for each day You have given me. I am so grateful for my job, I can earn money and do all the things I wanted to. Thank You, Lord Jesus Christ nothing compares to You Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...