Friday 21 September 2018

“Suffer with”





Psalm 82: 3 – 4 ESV
“Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

Showing compassion seems to be a difficult thing in our race. I have noticed that people who are well off and can help will turn a blind eye. The people and race that I honestly don’t believe have a good hair on their heads, will turn around and help.

I remember my friend Janet Pillay and her boyfriend helped me in my time of need. I just got divorced and I couldn’t even afford the tyres on my car. The other problem I had was that struggled with my car’s gears. This would break almost each and every month. I was financially strapped but Janet and Otto didn’t even worry about helping me.

I once got stuck on the side of the road and honestly not one person stopped to assist me and then a black guys stopped to assist me. What is wrong with this picture?

It takes me back to the passage Luke 10 verse 25 to 37.  A man was robbed and injured on the side of the road and all these amazing rich people passed him. Turning a blind eye and then a Samaritan came along felt sorry for the guy. Picked him up and took him to an Inn paying the Inn Keeper to keep an eye on the injured guy. Compassion sure is lacking in our nation. Wow.

Prayer

Abba Father, humbly I pray for guidance and help when it comes to changing my priorities and how I use my time. Lord, help me to give and trust in You in supplying according to my needs. Help me be compassionate towards unfortunate people in our society. Lord help me be the representative of You Lord Jesus, showing others the way forward. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...