Friday 14 September 2018

White Lies?




Today I felt very imbarassed, a friend dropped in and the documents of another friend fell off her desk. The lady asked do you know what happened to my documents? It’s a total mess. I lied there and then, “no I don’t know.” She turned around and said “you lie, sis.”

Proverbs 8: 7-8 NIV

“My mouth speaks what is true, for my lips detest wickedness. All the words of my are just; none of them is crooked or perverse.”

I am sure you want to know why I didn’t tell her the truth. Well, I didn’t want to cause any animosity between the two ladies and I pretended that I wasn’t aware of the problem. Was that the right thing to do? Absolutely not, I should have stated the papers fell off your desk she picked it up and placed it back onto your desk. It was an accident. So why didn’t I just say that? I was afraid they may have an arugment.

I actually feel very bad because I tried to hid the truth and yet the truth came out. Revelations 22 verse 15 “[But] without are the dogs and those who practice sorceries (magic arts) and impurity [the lewd, adulterers] and the murderers and idolaters and everyone who loves and deals in falshood (untruth, error, deception, cheating).

When I think of this scripture I truly feel very bad, God expects all of us to act responsibly and treat people with love and respect. Please Holy Spirit help me to keep to Your Words, Solomon reminds us that “my mouth speaks what is true,” I want to always honor You.

Prayer

Abba Father humbly I prayer please Lord deliver me from lying lips, and please help me to speak the truth no matter what. I do not want to deceive people. I dedicate my life into Your hands, in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

 

 

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

 

Follow me: 











Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...