Tuesday 4 September 2018

Waiting – learning to be patient.


Galatians 5: 22 ESV

‘But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, against such things there is no law.’

Now I understand why we are referred to as “Patients” when it comes to seeing the Doctor.  I made an appointment for 10h00 this morning and made sure that I arrived at least 15 minutes ahead of time. Haha, the doctor is always running late. Sometimes he isn't even in the building, on his way back from the Hospital because someone needs him urgently at the Hospital.

If there is something I seemed to struggle with is “being patient” o, my goodness. I just cannot wait, I am always in such a hurry.  I am always rushing off to the next thing. Now I travel from work to my house in a taxi and I am collected first and dropped off last. This can be trying but in the meantime, I have learned to become patient. I now enjoy this hour on my way to work and back. I sleep or I listen to the Word of God. I read and I have time to just sit and relax. If you know me you will know that I don’t sit down and do nothing, I am always very busy, rushing all over the place, there isn't time to waist.

I believe God is busy working on me as a person, I am learning to be patient, I so want this and that and I want all kinds of things but it isn't coming as fast as I want it. God works in His own time and I have come to realise I need to wait, It will be released at the right time.

I am learning to follow Galatians 5 verses 22, I am hunkering after love, joy, peace and patience. I am working hard to be kind, to be good and faithful, I am learning to be gentle and self-control is on my list.

Today I want to encourage you to be patient in all the trials and situations when you overcome it, it makes you stronger and you become resilient.

Prayer

O Lord, I am so grateful that I am able to come to You today, Lord I want to bless Your Holy Name and say thank You for Your loving kindness. I want to praise You and bring You glory, You are above the earth, You are the creator of heaven and earth, the whole world cannot exist without You. We bring You honour and bend down before Your throne, in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...