Monday 16 October 2017

Keep growing!




Hebrews 6: 1-2 “Therefore leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of instruction about washings and laying on of hands, and the resurrection of the dead and eternal judgment.”

Pressing on to maturity is something I believe each and every Christian is working at. I believe we are all striving to become more and more like Christ Jesus. Each morning I clothe myself with the Lord Jesus and it is my prayer that I will grow spiritually. 

I am in the process of learning new and wonderful truths each and every day. I know that I am becoming aware of the goodness of my God and that He is a Good, good Father. I have come to a place in my spiritual life where I feel that I am growing each and every day. 

I do also suffer with attacks from the devil on a regular basis. These attacks are through people, through circumstances and finances. When these attacks come they are normally very difficult for me and from my point of view I become worried and start to doubt myself. Then I realize that this is an attack from the devil.  He normally starts off with thoughts that plague my mind of worthlessness and not being able to deal with life in general.  Making me think that I am not loved and that no one really cares about me.

This is when I realize that I need to stand on God’s Word and take charge of my life. Yes, I cannot do anything about my finances, I can only trust in God to help me. I cannot do anything about my car that broke and sitting in the garage.  But I can come to God in humble prayer asking for help.

Prayer

Lord God yes, I am growing spiritually and it is painful many of the time. I do want to pray and ask You please Lord help us. We are facing a number of attacks in our lives this very minute but only You can lift the embargo agents us. Lord if there is any sins that I should be repenting from I pray that You will reveal it to me through Your Holy Spirit. Lord if there is things in my life that I need to change show me and I will do my best in getting it set right. I pray this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...