Friday 20 October 2017

#livingholylives



2 Corinthians 7: 1 “Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleans ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.”

Each morning I wake up and the first thought that springs to mind is God. I say “thank You Lord for another day.” Jump out of bed and run the water in my shower. There are times when I feel miserable and just crawl out of my bed but most of the time I am grateful for a brand new day. I say thank You to the LORD for granting me another chance in life.

I respect other religions and I mix with a number of people which are not Christians.  I have learned that we cannot push our faith onto other people who are not interested in Christians. So when they speak to me about their gods I listen and node and make a comment here and there. I serve a Living God and know that should they come to love God the way I do, they would be great ambassadors for His kingdom.  From my point of view I am learning to stay humble. My attitude to people has to have tolerance and I need to love them with the Love of Christ. I am faithful to the Lord my God and will do whatever He wants me to do.

Living a holy life is an instruction from God, be holy as the LORD your God is holy. It’s not easy living a holy live, you need to focus on not swearing, cursing and acting just like “Joe soap.” 

Prayer

Abba Father, I humbly come into Your presence this morning, I pray LORD that I aspire to live a holy life as it is YOUR instruction for my life. I am not always faithful in being Holy and I humbly pray forgive me. Teach me to place a guard over my mouth and keep out the filth and dirt that pours out of it on occasion. I ask this in the name of the LORD Jesus Christ. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...