Thursday 19 October 2017

“You cannot withstand the storm. I am the storm”




Psalm 119: 165 “Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.”

Keep calm, chill and relax! These words create a storm within me. I cannot relax when I have asked you or instructed you to do something specifically for me. The calm sea my being becomes dark and stormy the minute these simple words are spoken “keep calm, take a chill pill.”  Seriously!

Now you see I have a bit of a temper and I struggle to take the high road on small issues.  The problem I believe is that I feel disrespected when I pick up you have laid to me in my face. Oh my goodness my face turns red and if possible smoke will come out of my ears that very minute. Words pour out before I can even think or comprehend what I am saying. 

I am struggling with these emotions and I am told the I am emotional immature and that I should learn to take control. I am learning, I go to God’s word on more than one occasion and lately when someone makes me mad, I excuse myself from their company and leave the room. 

Prayer

Please Lord God, You know what makes me mad. I am really struggling with my temper and I am asking You to help me take control of my stormy temper. I ask this in the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...