Thursday 19 October 2017

#fight/flee





Judges 3: 31 ESV “After him was Shamgar the son of Anath, who killed 600 of the Philistines with an oxgoad, and he also saved Isreal.

Looking at this passage made me think of a number of reasons this guy “Shamgar” killed 600 Philistines. He must have been living in Israel and had more than enough of the Philistines raids on the town. I looked his name up and it seems he sit a Hebrew person.

Now thinking about this ox goad, I see it is a formidable sharpened instrument, sometimes ten feet long. Shamgar must have been very good with using this object.

It is clear that he didn’t worry about what would the people say, or how could he get involved. He saw a problem and took action.

How are doing when it comes to facing your problems?  Do you think you will do something about it or will you leave it and not get involved?

Prayer

Lord God please help us to stand up for what we believe in and guide us. Lord You knows our thoughts and heart, forgive us if we fail in trying. We will do the best we can. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...