Thursday 12 October 2017

What is on your mind?




Philippians 4: 8 “Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”

Good question, “what is on your mind?” Each morning I wake up and the first thing that comes to mind is “Thank You LORD, for today.” I moan and groan when I turn and jump out of my bed, turn on the hot water in the shower and jump back into bed.  Of course I lay there waiting for the water to warm up a bit and then you can see the seam on the bathroom mirror from my bed.  I don’t have much on my mind that time of day and once I get into the shower I still say “Thank You, Lord.” 

I have heard it said that we can change our lives through our thinking.  I have been listening to Caroline Leaf, I love her way of explaining how one’s brain works.  The magic behind the renewing of the mind is a constant meditating on God’s Word.  It brings light into our dull lives.  I am constantly reminded of Proverbs 23 verse 7 “as a man thinks within himself, so he is.” To see how this really works I decided to say to myself each and every morning “you, Yvette are gorgeous.” Not only do I feel gorgeous but I see people look at me and I believe they think I am gorgeous.  You know how low my self-esteem really is and this is one step into the right direction.

Stop feeding bad thoughts that spring up in your mind. Start thinking about good things, beautiful things and focus your energy on these thoughts. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Lord You know my thoughts and understand my way of thinking. Lord You know that I have been struggling my whole life with negative thoughts and actions. As I start today I want to pray asking You to help me with the renewing process. Help me to think positive thoughts and to focus my time and energy on staying focused. In Jesus Christs Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...