Monday 23 October 2017

#serving



Galatians 5: 13 LIFE by the Spirit “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do now use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.”

Never be deceived by the words "it's better to be outspoken." These words are heartless, without love and intended to cut off the other person. You are cruel and uncaring at the same time.  What happened to the love and compassion for your fellow brother or sister?

My attitude needed to change and I decided to compromise my outspoken ways. I have come to realize that it isn’t what you say that hurts but how you say it. This has resulted in me turning the other cheek and keeping a guard over my mouth.  I have decided to compromise not to appease my husband but to compromise in showing love to him.  In the meantime I am learning to make the sacrifice of watching myself and not making it all about me.

I have heard it said that service is contagious.  I am still not sure how that really works but I am sticking it out. 

I want to encourage you to try and be compassionate, loving and kinder to each other.  When your spouse needs something you should consider doing without moaning. See if there is a change in your relationship.

Prayer

Lord God, You know me.  I humbly pray and ask You please help me so that I am not too outspoken and rude. Help me with my commitment to showing compassion and also being friendly and kind. Help me be of service to my husband and kids.  I pray asking this in Jesus Christs Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...