Monday 23 October 2017

"Now is the occasion to shine!"




Isaiah 61: 3 “and provide for those who grieve in Zion – to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.”

My past I know best what it has been. I lived for worldly things. Fairly and unfairly and won them.  Reflecting over my life I realize that in the meantime I have come to realize that it really doesn’t matter, what is it all worth?

I wasn’t happy and there was no peace in my life, I was in a constant battle. I remember how I suffered by the unsatisfied ruffian and had to lay low and how I dragged myself through months if not years of weary suffering.

Constantly praying for myself and shedding tears almost each and every day.  After many hours of prayer and speaking to my pastor and Dad I realized I could chart a different course.  “Rise up and face my fears.”  I remember that it was difficult to inspire confidence in my children but I persevered.

It’s been a very long time and I feel that my children love me and that I had done the best that I could at that time.  I believe God has given me beauty for ashes.

Looking at my children I feel that they are “oaks of righteousness.”  God has kept His hand over each one of my children. He will never let them out of His sight.

Prayer

Lord as I reflect over my life and come to stand humbly before You, praying Lord God forgive me, I am a sinful person. I know that I did not always act properly and that my sin seemed to take over many times. I humbly pray forgive me. My life as I think about it had turned into ashes but out of the ashes I can look at my children and see the beauty.  Yes, Lord we struggled through difficult time and we made it to where we are today.  Thank You, I love You Lord, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...