Tuesday 25 February 2020

A repented life




 Reading Psalm 34, verses 5, "They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces were not ashamed."  I feel that when I have done something wrong, especially towards someone, I cannot face them. I think I am too embarrassed and feel very uncomfortable in their presence. Guilt chases me, and I want to steer clear of them. When it comes to the LORD, it's even harder for me. I need to pray and confess my sins, or it eats away at me.

I believe that if I do not confess my sins to the LORD, there is a barrier, and I cannot come into the presence of God. When we read Ezekiel 20, verse 43, "You shall remember your ways and all your doings with which you were defiled, and you shall loathe yourselves in your sight because of all the evils that you have committed." Here the Israelites disobeyed the LORD, and they did not repent.
O Lord, please let the Holy Spirit reveal to me whatever I am doing wrong so that I can repent of my sin before You.

I know the more I sin the strong the possibility that I can end up falling away from the Lord, I believe it is imperative to repent of my sins. Repentance is my way to life through Jesus Christ.

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...