Monday 10 February 2020

Help me to be a forgiving person, Lord.


Luke 6: 37
Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

My previous marriage was something I could describe as disastrous.  I was constantly on my guard and always worried about the fate of my children. My ex-husband was involved in drugs and he just never seemed to be worried about anybody but himself.

I never talk about the anger, rage and hurt I felt toward him because it makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. He put so much pressure on myself and our children. Constantly fighting, stealing and telling lies. Money was the biggest problem in our life. He constantly wanted more and more and we fell behind on our mortgage and cars and finally, I decided enough.

We are divorced and I honestly don't regret this one minute.  I have decided to forgive him and set him free, I don't want the sin of unforgiveness in my life. I rebuke the feelings of self-pity and I pray the Lord will help me to be a forgiving person.

And according to 1 John 2 verse 11 "He who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes."

I am still dealing with forgiving people and it seems to be a process, I cannot say that has been easy because believe me it has not. The problem is the person you do not want to forgive isn't even aware that you are struggling with unforgiveness.

It is my prayer Lord that I forgive these people that have made me angry, turned my anger into a rage and I repent humbly for these thoughts. Lord, Please forgive me I forgive them in the holy name of Jesus Christ amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...