Wednesday 26 February 2020

Just a closer walk with Thee


James 4: 8 "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you."

How can I draw near to God? I believe God wants us to want Him. That would be my first step, and I want to draw near to God. The next step would be spending time with God. I need to take the time to grow my relationship with God. How can I build my relationship with God? I need to pray about my relationship, spend time alone with God, and nurture my time with God. Luke 12, verses 32, says, "It is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."

I realized that I could not build my relationship with God if I do not get to know Him well. I want to develop the kind of intimate relationship with Him, and I can only do that when I am alone with God.
When I am alone with God, I find that during these special moments, I feel refreshed, strengthened, and rejuvenated. Drawing away from my busy schedule, taking a moment in seclusion with God, I find peace with Him.

Praying is something we have to commit to each day, taking time to speak to God. If you do not pray often, it is difficult to get started. I believe it's like this large ship docked in the harbor. It has many controls to get it moving, and we are almost the same. So repositioning my life with God is going to take some time. I will have to make time and speak to God directly. John 16 verses 24 "Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive that your joy may be full."

Prayer

Please, Abba, Father, help me in my quest to draw near to You. I believe when I draw near to You, You automatically draw near to me. Humbly I pray for a more in-depth and intimate relationship with You. I long to dwell in Your presence. Humbly I ask, to teach me to get to know You better and show me how I can grow closer to You, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.


Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...