Thursday 20 February 2020

The revolutionary intimacy of address God as "Our Father."


Matthew 7:11 (ESV)

11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
Hallowing the Father's name is perhaps one of the most essential and celebrated dimensions of prayer. It is the revolutionary intimacy of addressing God as Our Father.
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Jesus was teaching His disciples to address God in the manner. I believe they would never have addressed God as their Father; if the Lord Jesus didn't teach them this, it would have been wrong in their upbringing.

I want to pause and pray to my Father in heaven. What do you think God's expression looks is?

Matthew 6:9-13 (ESV)
9 Pray then like this:
"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10 Your kingdom come,
you will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread,
12 and forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from evil.

What a beautiful symmetry in the opening of the Lord's prayer see it in Matthew 6 verse 9. Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be your name. Jesus invites us into intimacy and awe of his holiness.

Let's start thanking God's evidence of his goodness in our lives an awaking in our souls. 
We are praying the Word, looking to the Psalms and praying it into our situation. 
We are using music to stir our souls for more powerful prayer.

Father God, in heaven, I want to pray and come into Your presence today. Lord, thank You for today. All the fascinating insights and learning I receive. Guide me and set my feet on the right path. Build me and teach me in the way You want me to go.

Praise to Your Holy Name, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...