Monday 24 February 2020

Keep me in the center Your Will, Lord





I have been questioning my life and the decisions I have taken these past couple of weeks. I want to know that God is keeping me in the center of His Will. I believe facing difficult times does not mean I am out of God's will. Testing is part of growing my spiritual life, and I know that, but it sure isn't fun.

Let me put it to you this way, Jesus was doing God's will by going to the cross. Jesus states in John 6, verses 38, "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent me." Now I am at this point in my own life where I want to know which way to go. I want direction in my personal experience, and I want God to direct my footsteps. I know that God is enabling me to follow Him because I have someone to follow - Jesus Christ.

When I was younger, I used to say the LORD thinks I am an elastic, and He is continuously stretching me. We only grow in our spiritual life when we are being pulled or very uncomfortable.

I know that it's about my decision whether I want to follow the LORD or not. I find that the LORD is a real gentleman; He never forces His will on me. I also believe that this isn't an automatic thing to do. In Ephesian 5, verses 17, "Do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is." Am I going to seek the LORD, today? Am I asking Him for wisdom and insight? Am I asking Him to guide me? These are fundamental questions only I can answer.

I believe God doesn't want me to live in the lust of my flesh, and He wants me to ask Him for direction. In Hebrews 13, verses 21, "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure."

Where do I start? I think the very first thing is to pray early in the morning. Seeking God, then while I am still in prayer, remembering to give Him thanks. Being grateful is critical; otherwise, we lose sight of how great our God is.

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer
Follow me on my Kellan Publishing author page, my blog at Yvette van Niekerk  or Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...