Sunday 29 March 2020

What role does God play during the “Lockdown?”




Psalm 119: 147 ESV
"I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word."

When I wake up in the mornings, the first thing I say is, "thank you, Lord. I started a new day." We are in "lockdown" in South Africa. No one is going in to work, and there is no school for the next 21 days.

The Police are on the roads, pulling cars over asking the questions, where are you going why are you on the way. Well, we are allowed to purchase food and petrol. So that is what we are doing. People are indoors, watching TV and sitting around. I am grateful that my children are all grownups; I don't believe I would coupe with small kids at home; I lost the patience somewhere along the way. My daughter has been looking after her two girls. I must say she is doing a great job, she is a dedicated mom and looks after the girls. Both she and her husband have to phone into work. They do not have a choice there isn’t anybody who can assist with the girls. So their lives have all of a sudden changed from working parents to stay home parents working from home.  I believe God has a plan for our lives and this is a good thing, bring family together.

As we start our day and think of the people that have contracted the Coronavirus, we also should be praying to ask the Lord to help them. Thanking God that we are still doing well and that we can speak to Him, we have an open line to God and all because of the Lord Jesus.

Prayer

Lord, I call on You in my hour of distress, and I know You always answer me. Today, Lord, please will You heal the sick and make away for all of us. Lord, small businesses are struggling because of the Lockdown. We need Your divine intervention today and the coming day, amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer
Follow me on my Kellan Publishing author page, my blog at Yvette van Niekerk  or Kellan Publishing ; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...