Tuesday 31 March 2020

Why is this happening?




Ephesians 6: 10 – 11

“Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”

I have been wondering why is this happening? I see all the stories and pictures of people who have died in many countries. The unbearable grief and shock they are facing right now. I'm sure there are reasonable answers to this question. But I have come to realize we are facing an enemy - Satan. Satan is standing in opposition to God and everything God does and anyone who believes in God or even tries to the life God's way. I realize that the Lord Jesus broke the power of the enemy. 

Jesus defeated Satan on the cross; Jesus gave me authority over Satan. Luke chapter 10, verses 19, "I have given you [me] authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you[me]." But it was a person who created this virus, and now we are facing a pandemic. I know, but we believe Ephesians 6 verses 12 "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." I believe that Satan is behind this attack, and many people will not reach the Kingdom of God.

So God has a plan for my life, and I am confident the Devil has one too. John 10, verses 10, says, "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy." The Devil is at work 24/7, and he doesn't give up making me realize I have to be up to God's standard 1 Peter 5 verse 8 says "be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." How can we stand against the Coronavirus? We have God's Word, the Bible weapon at hand right now. Jesus used the Word of God against Satan. Matthew 4, verses four, says, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." So when the Devil comes at us, let us use God's word. Hide in God's word.

Are you struggling with a heavy heart? Now is the time to put on a praise song, praise the Lord God. He is drawing you closer to God. I know that when we listen to God and we become obedient, things start to change in our lives. I confess and repent, and I pray to God to renew my thinking. It is not easy to have me change my mind when it comes to Jesus. My faith stands, I believe in Jesus, He is Lord. Faith is fundamental.  Because we are facing considerable pandemic, we need to come to God in prayer and fast. Our church has asked us to stand together with each Monday in fasting and prayer. We will unite against this enemy.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I am grateful that You chose to suffer and die on the cross for me, raised out of the grave, defeating death and hell. Thank You that You have put me in an authoritative position over my enemy. Thank You for the Holy Spirit, who empowers me to stand against the Devil. Please open my eyes to the enemy who may be lurking, and I have not been vigilant. Oh, Lord, and when I am disobedient, please show me so that I can repent and change. If I have allowed the Devil a foothold in my life, show me so that I can rectify this. I draw a hedge around my life, asking that You will help me build my faith, becoming strong in You and Your Word. Thank You, Lord, that You have delivered me from the Devil. Please help me not to be overcome by evil but let me overcome evil with good. Please Lord, here I need You to hide me in the secret place of Your presence from the plots of evil men. In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer
Follow me on my Kellan Publishing author page, my blog at Yvette van Niekerk  or Kellan Publishing ; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...