Monday 23 March 2020

I Draw my Strength from God



 
2 Corinthians 12: 10 Amplified Bible "So I am well pleased with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, and with difficulties, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak [in human strenght], then I am strong [truly able, truly powerful, truly drawing from God's strength]."

So today or any other day, we are bombarded with feelings of good or bad, sad or happy or discouraged or encouraged. Many times we allow our emotions to rule our lives. For instance, I woke up this morning, feeling good, and then this afternoon, I feel upset and discourage.

I am in the process of learning to stay on top of my feelings, controlling it as far as possible. I have come to understand that because of God's Word, I can control what comes to mind. I have the power to say no, too bad thoughts and feelings. 

It's a process, and I am learning to focus my mind on the positive things, God's Word. I will not be taken down by how I feel, it does have an impact on my thought life, but I am starting to change my thinking. Turning my thoughts to the Lord, regularly, not worrying about what I am feeling.

I believe God will help me sustain my learning, and I think that in time I will gain the upper hand. My feelings cannot rule my life any longer.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, Lord, today I will stay focused on You, yes, my emotions are up and down, I feel good at times and miserable at other times. Please, Lord, I need Your Spirit to rule my feelings and take control over my life. I humbly pray for wisdom and understanding, forgive me if I have sinned against You, knowingly or unknowingly in the precious name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...