Monday 30 March 2020

Let your life be an example.




Titus 2: 12 ESV "It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,"

I know it's challenging to live self-controlled; I tend to forget and speak my mind. It has been on my mind for a very long time that I want to be a pleasing person in the sight of my God. I want Him to say, "Look, that's my child!"

I think we all strive for some form of perfection, and it's not always possible. Living here in this world, we still have our old human nature that comes into play now and then. I have concluded that God wants me to live a Godly life. Why did God save me? I believe that God saved me because Jesus Christ died on the cross for my redemption of all the wickedness and that I can be purified for him, "a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." I must not let anyone despise me. What are some good qualities Paul urges Christians [me] to demonstrate in their [my] lives? So Titus tells me, to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility towards all men.

[Titus 3: 1 - 2]. I have redemption by the mercy of the living God, Jesus Christ.  Titus 3 verses 5 "he saved us [me], not because of righteous things we [me] had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us [me] through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,"

Prayer
LORD, God, humbly, I want to pray to say thank You, that You have saved me by Your mercy. I know, without a doubt, I would never have made it on my own to heaven. LORD,  people are dying of the Coronavirus, and they need Your help, we live by example. Please, LORD, stretch out Your hand and heal these people, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer
Follow me on my Kellan Publishing author page, my blog at Yvette van Niekerk  or Kellan Publishing ; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...