Monday 23 March 2020

I will trust and not be afraid.





Isaiah 12: 2 Amplified Bible
“Behold, God, my salvation! I will trust and not be afraid, For the LORD GOD is my strength and song; Yes, He has become my salvation.”

With the threat of the Conoravirus, I think people feel stable for one minute, and the very next minute, they feel swept up in a wave of debilitating emotional chaos. I think we try not to focus on this virus, but with the media and everybody continually talking about it, it is starting to impact us.

What to do? Let us focus our thoughts on spiritual truths and shift our thought life to God. Once we read our Bibles and let the Word recalibrate and calm us spiritually. Something that can help, memorize scriptures, and we can use these passages as our armor to protect us. Now we are taking the focus of the virus and focusing on God's Word.

Looking at Isaiah 12, verses 2 in the Amplified Bible, I read, "Behold, God, my Salvation! I will trust and not be afraid, and For the Lord, God is my strength and song; Yes, He has become my Salvation." Now I am sure the Lord is already speaking into my life, I have come to a place realizing that God is my Salvation. I do not have to be afraid. By meditating on the Word of God, we permit God to take away the worry we are currently facing. We become empowered and can win the battles we are fighting.

Romans 8: 6 Amplified Bible “Now the mind of the flesh is death [both now and forever – because it pursues sin], but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace [the spiritual well-being that comes from walking with God – both now and forever];”

I want to encourage you today, let’s not only focus all our time and energy on the virus. Take time and read the Bible today, meditate on God's Word, in Romans 8 verses 6 in the Amplified, we see that the mind of the flesh is death and the mind of Spirit is life and peace.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, people all over the world, is focused on the illness of the Coronavirus. Lord, today I want to pray that You will send Your Holy Spirit to help us and the blood of Jesus Christ to protect us. Amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...