Sunday 29 March 2020

My willpower and determination.




John 15: 5 ESV "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

I have identified so many things that are wrong in my life, but when it comes to fixing it, I genuinely lack the willpower and determination. I find that the latter two leave me stranded in the middle of my renewal. How on earth will I get my life back on track?  Because I lack the discipline, and I know God can supply the grace and ability to renew my life, I am at a loss if I don't turn to God.

Matthew 11, verses 28, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." The Lord Jesus died on the cross so that we can live a life with joy and rest. He invites us to accept His help; see Matthew 11, verses 28.

I am struggling with overeating, and I need the Lord Jesus to help me overcome my addiction to food. I don't seem to have a handle on this anymore, I used to starve myself self, and now I cannot stop eating.

Prayer
Abba Father, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I want to bring my addiction of food to You. Lord I want to eat healthy and I want to pray that You will help me maintain a good eating diet not over indulging and being in control over my life. I dedicate my life into You hands I pray please Lord Jesus send the Holy Spirit to help me going forward, as I realise nothing is impossible with you. Amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...