Sunday 29 March 2020

The danger of misunderstanding.




Psalm 37: 1 – 9 ESV
Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away. Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret – it leads only to evil. For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

So it's here we are all faced with the reality that the Coronavirus is a pandemic. It has reached everyone worldwide.  It has crossed my mind that it has become necessary to communicate with people. So there is no danger of misunderstanding, rules, and regulations. Then I am struck by some people who have no regard for the laws and regulations set for their protection. I cannot think people can act so carelessly.

Now I realize the Lord Jesus Christ has set up a "hotline" to God for us, and its not only for an emergency call but for all things that you may want to discuss with Him. How are my desires fulfilled?  In Psalm 37 verses, 4 King David says, "Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." LORD how wonderful when You answer my prayers and give me the desires of my heart.

Right now, I realize people all over the world are panicking and feeling afraid. Lord reveal the word to people who do not understand You. Faith is trusting in You and Your Word.

Today we want to commit our ways to You, asking You Lord to guide each one of us. The pandemic is fast-growing, and people are dying because of this illness. Lord today we commit our ways into Your hands, I believe and trust You will guide us and protect us. We wait on You and see You working in our lives for our good.

Today we want to be still before You LORD, and we wait patiently for You, we are trusting in You as You are our "hotline."

Lord, we are asking You in prayer to help our loved ones and us in this time of isolation. We are waiting on You, and in prayer, we trust in you.

Prayer

Abba, Father, Lord, today I want to pray and ask You, please help me. I know You are in control of our lives and the world. As we face this pandemic, send Your Holy Spirit like a burning fire and heal our land and people, in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen



Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...