Saturday 21 March 2020

What is on the lips of every human being in the world right now?


Psalm 55:22 (AMP)
22 Cast your burden on the Lord [release it], and He will sustain and uphold you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken (slip, fall, fail).

The Coronavirus is on every person's lips right now. Do you think this happened to bring fear into the hearts of people all over the world? Are we too busy living our lives and forgetting to turn to the Lord? I realize that it's because of our finances, and we struggle with our relationships that our focus has moved from God to ourselves. Now the door is open for fear and anxiety to creep its way into our lives. Some people are feeling uneasy and restless throughout the day.

Today I want to encourage you to take all the necessary precautions and make sure you are safe. We should draw near to the Lord; He is our only way forward. The Psalms remind us to give our burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of us. In this verse, I see it doesn't refer to being anxious and that we won't experience any problems. The scripture does, however, say, when we do have issues, we should give them to the Lord.

Something to think about, why don't you spend some time today in prayer and speak to God about your fears. Why don't you write it down so you can see what is bugging you, and is it affecting you negatively? Speak to fellow Christian friends asking them to pray with you, and deal with the fears you are facing right now.

Prayer Dear Abba Father, Lord, today I want to pile all my troubles on Your shoulders, please help me carry this heavy burden. The threat of the Coronavirus is real, and people are worried and concerned about health. Lord, as I think of my family and friend, I draw a hedge of Jesus Christ's blood around my family and friends. Protect each one of us today, let this illness not come to us. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen 

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...