Sunday 29 March 2020

I'm responsible for my happiness.





Ecclesiastes 3: 12 ESV "I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live."

It's something we are in control of our happiness. I used to think I can only be happy when I do certain things, buy certain clothes, etc. One day I realized things do not make me happy; in fact, I feel empty and not content.

I alone at home for a very long time, and during that time, I realized that the only person who really can make me happy is God. Spending much of my time with the Lord, I didn't have anything that made me happy. My husband came home from work done things with me, but happiness couldn't be something he could give me. Items cannot bring you joy. Only God can, and I realized I am happy now, and nothing bothers me. I used to put unrealistic expectations on my kids, my husband, and everyone I thought was excellent, I idolized them and thought I would be as important to them as they are to me. I know that my family and friends favor me because God has placed His supernatural favor on my life. People like me because God opened the door to spiritual support.

Prayer
Lord, please take me to the next level in my life; I am so grateful for each of my children, stepchildren, and husband. My grandchildren and all my family, I am whole because of each person in my life. Thank You, Lord, for the blessings they all bestowed upon me. Amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...