Monday 9 March 2020

We become what we behold!


Psalm 121: 1 – 2 MSG I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains? No, my strength comes from GOD, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.

I know it sounds so funny, we become what we behold. 
Thinking about this statement made me realize that when I look at something I like. After a while, it grows on me, and soon rather than later, I will go and buy that thing. Isn't it the same with serving the Lord our God. The more time we spend in the Word (Bible) of God, the closer we get to Him.

Psalm 24: 8 MSG Who is the King-Glory? GOD, armed and battled-ready.

Adjusting our sight and looking up is essential; I wonder why we stay focused on things all around us? Is it because it is tangible? Yes, and I think we lose sight of what is essential. Psalm 121 verses, one says, "I lift m eyes to the mountains where does my help come from?" 

I know Jesus is my King, and He is over all things in my life and beyond. He can do what no other man or being can even think of doing. He died and rose again to rescue me and bring my soul to life. I believe Jesus is a mighty King whose mission is to push back the darkness and breathe life into my own life.

I think we should fix our eyes on the Lord, Jesus. I am praying that the Holy Spirit will lift me to a sense of expectation because my God is King, and He knows my needs.

Prayer Abba Father, Lord my God, You are Holy, Holy, Holy. I will bring You all the glory and honor. I worship at Your feet, bring You praise, and I am here asking You to change my perspective on life. Lift me out of this whole and guide me, shape my thinking and my mind, cleanse my heart, and purify my soul. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

Follow me on my Kellan Publishing author page, my blog at Yvette van Niekerk or Kellan PublishingFacebookTwitterLinkedInInstagramPinterestStumble UponGod's Orchid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...