Thursday 12 April 2018

Base your life on being compassionate.


You know when you have been hurt and disappointed so many times you seem to lose sight of other people’s hurt and pain. You actually don’t want to show any compassion or feel sympathetic towards them – they probably deserve it. No, it isn’t true, please don’t fall into this trap. Take some time and read Isaiah 61. God loves you and you are so important to Him.

Isaiah 61: 1 AMP

“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed and commissioned me to bring good news to the humble and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up [the wounds of] the brokenhearted, to proclaim release [from confinement and condemnation] to the [physical and spiritual] captives and freedom to prisoners,”

I fell into this trap; I just didn’t show any compassion towards anybody. When something happened I thought “you probably deserve it.” They will survive and get over it; the truth is some people need your compassion. I think of my ageing mother. She also made mistakes and life hasn’t been easy. She finds herself in a difficult position and because of past mistakes, people don’t show her any compassion.

I think of the Lord Jesus when He was speaking to His disciples in Matthew 15 verse 32. Jesus felt compassion towards the people who were with Him for 3 days; He didn’t want to send them away hungry. Do you get me? Jesus feels compassion toward people, He understands them and is compassionate about them.

J. Rodman Williams's stated, "Compassion is the wellspring of miracles?" 

Prayer

Abba Father, please show me today who need my compassion, show me how to comfort this person and show compassion towards them. I ask this in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!
 Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...