Thursday 12 April 2018

Why aren’t my Prayers being answered?


I used to believe God didn’t care much for me because when I prayed about a specific situation I wouldn’t receive answers swiftly. Then I learned an important lesson.

Ecclesiastes 3: 1 AMP ~ A Time for Everything
“There is a season (a time appointed) for everything and a time for every delight and event or purpose under heaven -”

I made so many detrimental mistakes in my life and there is no turning back. It seems that no amount of prayer and crying would change it. Then I came to realize God is still God and in control of my life. I have come clean and repented of my sins to the parties involved and with God. So why aren’t my prayers answered? I thought about this and I believe there is a time for everything, as indicated by Ecclesiastes 3.

God has provided according to my needs and I am so grateful for His supernatural favour in my life. His mercies are new every day. This reminded me of Habakkuk chapter 2 verse 3 “For the vision is yet for the appointed [future] time.” We need to remember that our prayers will be answered at the appointed time, we need to wait. “It hurries towards the goal [of fulfilment]; it will not fail.” I am so glad that whatever God has destined for me it will not fail. “Even though it delays, wait [patiently] for it, because it will certainly come; it will not delay.”

I have come to realize God doesn’t work according to my schedule, and if you know me I am very impatient, things need to happen now. If I want something I want it now. I don’t want to wait because I am too impatient. Guess what? I have to wait, it will come in its own time.

Prayer

Abba Father, I don’t know how to fix my past, I failed badly and I made such big and detrimental mistakes. I have committed it to You and I believe You understand where I am coming from. I want to say thank You for this opportunity, You are able to change things around in each one of our lives. If prayers aren’t answered right now, give us the vision and understanding that You are still in control and all good things will come to those who Love You. I pray this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!
Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...