Wednesday 11 April 2018

Sow Your Seed on Fertile Ground.


I have read in many parts of Israel there is a layer of limestone which lay an inch or so beneath the surface of the ground. This layer traps the moisture, and for a brief period of time, a plant growing there may appear to flourish. But as soon a dry spell comes the moisture quickly dissipates. Because of the limestone, the plants cannot sink its roots and soon withers and dies.

Mark 4: 3 – 9 AMP
“Listen! A sower went out to sow the seed; and as he was sowing, some seed fell by the road, and the birds came and ate it up. Other seed fell on rocks where there was not much soil, and immediately a plant sprang up because the soil had no depth. And when the sun came up, the plant was scorched; and because it had no root, it dried up and withered away.  Other seed fell among thorns, and the thorns came up and choked it, and it yielded no grain. And other seed fell into good soil, and as the plants grew and increased, they yielded a crop and produced thirty, sixty, and a hundred times [as much as had been sown]. And He said, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear and heed My words.”

Reading the Book of Mark brings me to a very important point today, sowing. It took me a very long time to completely trust God with my finances. The funny thing is I don't have a permanent job and I don't have the security most people have when employed permanently. I decided to give my tithes and also help other people.

I feel that I still need to give to God's people, Israel the Jewish people. It is my dream to travel to Israel one day perhaps God will open a door for me. God spoke to Abraham and said: "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you, and in you, all the families of the earth shall be blessed." Genesis 12 verse 3.

The law of sowing comes from God's word and I want to be obedient and honour my God. I believe that I need to also be patient "Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the LORD. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rains." James 5 verse 7.
Prayer
Abba Father I thank You Lord for today, thank You for the outpouring of the Spirit. Lord, I pray that Your Spirit will touch the lives of every person who reads this blog today. I pray that we all will give to the Jewish people and that we will help them. I pray Lord for peace in Israel and I ask that Your Spirit will touch the lives of each person today. Blessing in abundance and I pray that You will keep each one safe. Lord, I plead the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth over each person today. Amen


Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!
Follow me:

B
Y NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...