Wednesday 11 April 2018

Are you empowered by the Holy Spirit?


Galatians 5: 24 – 25 AMP
“And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature together with its passions and appetites. If we [claim to] live by the [Holy] Spirit, we must also walk by the Spirit [with personal integrity, godly character, and moral courage – our conduct empowered by the Holy Spirit].”
I believe the Holy Spirit gives each one of us the necessary chutzpah to get through difficult times. I have heard some of the ladies tell me that I am a strong woman. What they don’t know is that I used to be so fragile and so afraid. The one person that was supposed to be my friend turned out to be my biggest enemy. This person sold me out and threw me to the dogs so to speak. I had to defend and protect my children from such horrible things. I wasn’t able to back down but I had to stand up, against whatever came our way. I had no option, there was no one that I trusted and I was on my knees all the time.
I believe the Holy Spirit was with me all the time, I cried all the time, calling out to God and holding on for dear life. I didn’t have the nerve to let go of God I couldn’t do it on my own. In case you think I am harbouring ill feelings, bitterness and unforgiving towards this person – think again. I have asked God to forgive that person; I also forgive this person so that I can move forward in The Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
Prayer
Abba Father, humbly I come into Your presence today and I pray please help me to outlaw all bitterness from my life and fill me with love and with total forgiveness and acceptance of others. I want to live sacrificial seeking every moment to love and serve You Lord God in holiness, humility and humble prayer. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Amen
Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!
Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...