Friday 13 April 2018

I am searching for the presence of God.


If there is someone that truly is concerned about my Spiritual wellbeing it’s me. I am constantly checking myself and especially my attitude. I have come to realize that compassion is something I lack and I need to be more compassionate. I also am seeking God fervently.

Zechariah 8: 23 ESV

“Thus says the LORD of hosts: In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue shall take hold of the robe of a Jew, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.””

I know my Spiritual life is in progress and God knows my heart. I have been truly doing everything I can to draw near to Him. In the past couple of weeks, I have been doing everything possible to make sure that I am doing my utmost to draw near to God. I believe that I need to be rooted and grounded in the Lord and I have to make it my business to get into the Word. I have been doing this on a daily basis.

I feel that I need to become activated and the only way this will happen is when the Holy Spirit is welcome in my own life. Without the Holy Spirit in my life, I will have lost the plot. I feel so envious of the people who have a personal relationship with God and who you can spot a mile off. The Lord is in them and people can see it in the way they behave.

I do not know how this is supposed to work, but I have started my own personal mission. I confessed my sin and prayed about my hang-ups in my life.  I also am dealing with my own personal attitude towards people and myself and God. Then I am learning to show compassion with I know is lacking in my own life. I also know that in order for God to work in my life I need to testify, which I started. It isn’t easy but these are my learnings.

Prayer

O LORD, God, You know me better than I actually know myself. I don’t know what the process is going forward to become rooted in You. I don’t know how I will do this, so from where I stand I am doing the best I can. I want to be able to commune with You on a daily basis, and I believe that I am. Lord I also want to be seen as someone that Your Spirit is resting on. I love You Lord; I want to honour You with my own life. In the name of Your Son Jesus Christ, Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...