Monday 18 September 2017

#Forget!




“If you have anything against anyone, forgive him.” Mark 11: 25 (John C Maxwell, Thinking for a change.)

I love my husband and it is true we have been married for 7 years and believe me that we have conflict in our marriage.  Our conflict is due to a disagreement with how to raise his kids.  I have a different view point to him and I feel he gives them too much slack when he feels I am too rid get. 

We can go on for months and live will be perfect and one day things change and we are both upset and angry because we cannot agree about how to deal with the kids.  I read John C Maxwell’s “Thinking for a change” and it struck me that we need to learn how to deal with conflict and manage our differences.  The fact is I am learning to deal with “self-control” especially when I feel disregarded or made the scapegoat.  

John C Maxwell suggests that we need to try to forget.  To act like God when people hurt you and make you mad.  Isaiah 43 verse 25 says “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins.” Using this verse to help me go forward is part of my study.

Believe me it isn’t easy to deal with hurt and pain and to top it off I probably am still holding onto past hurts which makes matters worse. 

Prayer

O Lord, You know my circumstances and understand where I am coming from. Today I want to pray about the person that grinds my teeth and makes me so angry, I forgive them.  Lord I set them free and ask that YOU will forgive them too.  Lord help me move forward and help me to forget what they did to offend me. I pray this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...