Wednesday 13 September 2017

What is your foundational identity?





Romans 9: 25 “As indeed he says in Hosea, “Those who were not my people I will call “My people,” and her who was not beloved I will call “beloved.””

As I reflect on this message for today I want to share something with you. One of my Pastor friends came and said that they wanted to pray with me.  Placing a red blanket over my shoulders and as she walked away I read the scripture that was embroidered into the blanket. “an who was not beloved I will call “beloved.”” 

Truth be told at that time in my life I was down and out and I felt so betrayed and hurt but the one thing I realized is God is always watching. He knows my story and He saw my checkered past, all my flops, my hurts and my painful history and all my deep flaws. The thing is God still loves me. I cannot change what I did in the past, I cannot make things right and I am who I am because of my past.

I believe that God is working in me each and every day. Life isn’t always a bed of roses and there are some thorns. Pricking me every now and then, which drives me in sane at time. Keeping me humble and keeping me real.

As to what my foundational identity is, I believe I am in the Lord Jesus Christ and as a Christian I find my foundation identity in Christ. I believe the Lord Jesus Christ loved me so much that I am part of Him right now.

Prayer
Lord God I am nothing if I am not part of You. I am born again through the Lord Jesus Christ and there is no other way forward in my life. I find my identity in You Lord, help me bear the right fruit. In Jesus Christs Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...