Wednesday 20 September 2017

#Mistaken #Identity




“Fear not, I have redeemed you, you are mine.” Isaiah 43:1

Feelings of unworthiness and condemnation used to plague me constantly, I must be honest I looked at myself in the mirror and wondered “who are you?”

It took me some time to come around and get myself sorted out I didn’t know who I was in Christ. You know I got side tracked and moved away from where I was and before long I was floundering around in a sea of despair and pain. This gave the devil ample opportunity to come along and remind me of my past sins. My mind was plagued with feelings of insecurity, feelings of uselessness and I believed that I was unworthy.
Last year I took a stand and fasted for many days, I came humbly to the Lord and repented of my sins. I confessed my thoughts and actions.  Asking for forgiveness and also forgiving myself for the sins I felt so condemned for.

I started a new journey with the Lord my God, I asked Him to help me realize who I was in Christ. Not this “mistaken identity” I assumed for myself. I have come to realize that I have been called by name and that I belong to God. I also realized that God loves me and that I am precious. I cloth myself with the Lord Jesus Christ every day and I take my thoughts captive to the Lord. I do not allow negative thoughts to come and plague my mind any more. I take up my cross each morning and I know that the Holy Spirit is with me.
I don’t need the approval of other people to live my own life, I make the decisions concerning me and God is on my side. No weapons formed against me shall prosper.

Prayer

Lord we back slide and turn away from You on many occasions. We don’t always realize the pain we inflict upon our own lives. We take a wrong turn and before long we don’t know who we are in You. Assuming “mistaken identity” without realizing what we are getting into. Smoke and mirrors and then we allow the devil a foothold in our lives. Please forgive us for our wrong turns in our lives as we repent asking for forgiveness of sins. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth we pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...